TERMS & CONDITIONS
RIBA Chartered Practice & RIBA Accredited Conservation Architects
Atkinson Architects Ltd provide a full and professional service to all clients.
We are an RIBA Chartered Practice (20012858) and fully registered with the ARB (060100D) ensuring the highest quality design and construction advice.
We are accredited Conservation Architects (CA) with the RIBA which can only be attained through significant experience working with specialist historic, listed buildings set within conservation areas, National Parks & AONB zones.
We follow the RIBA Professional & Ethical Code of Conduct and work to the RIBA Plan of Work.
We undertake commissions from concept design, through planning, building regulations and construction tenders to the completion of works on site.
We carry a full Professional Indemnity Insurance to cover design risk in accordance with RIBA and ARB legal practice requirements. The cover is limited to individual claims.
Atkinson Architects retain full copyright of all information belonging to our practice - website, drawings, reports, photographs, specifications and models. Clients are permitted under RIBA guidelines to use the information in conjunction with the specific project only. As per the Copyright Act 1988 use by third parties is forbidden unless there is prior written agreement with the architect. We cannot accept any liability for third party use or adaptation of our drawings and specifications.
Instruments of Service
The original digital CAD format information for a specific job remains the ownership of the architect exclusively.
This is classed as an architects ‘instrument of service’ - the tools to do a job with the drawings being the end product.
A formal release fee will be charged, appropriate to the scale of project and amount of information embodied therein for the hand over of any original digital files to clients, other consultants and/or third parties.
Fees & Appointments
All client fee agreements are established at the outset of a project and are specifically calculated to relate to the type of work being undertaken. We do not offer generic fee guides.
The recommended process is to meet clients, set out the brief and see the site. Then we can prepare a detailed and accurate fee proposal.
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
We are committed to safeguarding the online privacy of our website visitors under current GDPR terms. The process of personal data is governed by GDPR. It regulates how organisations store and use individuals personal data.
Atkinson Architects is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes within our organisation only.
Atkinson Architects complies with its obligations under GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Atkinson Architects use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to contact you for the benefit of your project and to deliver the services that you have requested.
- To administer client, contractor, supplier records.
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
- To share your contact details with various governmental bodies, contractors, suppliers, sub-contractors etc. as necessary to progress your project.
- To contact you via surveys to allow us to monitor and measure the quality of our service.
- To inform you of news, events or activities.
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with:
- Planning Authority
- Building Control
- Other relevant statutory bodies pertinent to your application.
We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
We will keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary for a period of 10 years since the last correspondence with you in order to comply with our statutory insurance legislation.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Atkinson Architects holds about you.
- The right to request that Atkinson Architects correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner’s Office.